If you have any Kansas City area internships you would like to post on this blog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. On average, we try to keep postings up at least 45-60 days. We check all listings once or twice a week to make sure they are still valid. In addition, new jobs are added every day or every other day. Thank you for reading and good luck in your job search!
Social Media Internship with TRC Companies, Inc. (Posted March 26)
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums and social networks.
- Online outreach and promotion using TRC social accounts: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and more.
- Website and social media optimization, engage & amplify content.
- Share out success and metrics.
- Collaborate with engineering, technology and project managers as well as the SR VP.
- Experience in social media; highly professional, customer-centric attitude and demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, visual).
- Detailed oriented with experience in data analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Familiarity with/understanding of social media tools.
- In-Design or desktop publishing experience a plus.
- Full-time student pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications.
Event Marketing Ambassador Internship with Swope Park Rangers (Posted March 22)
- Represent Swope Park Rangers, Sporting Kansas City, Swope Soccer Village, Children’s Mercy Park and other affiliates and partners in a professional manner at all times.
- Set up, take down and transport the various elements of Brand Ambassador Activation elements.
- Engage fans by developing a rapport in a short time through natural dialogue.
- Market Swope Park Rangers during events throughout Kansas City and its surrounding communities.
- Responsible for the Club’s lead capture efforts including collection, distribution and database maintenance collected during events.
- Responsible for creating and executing grassroots marketing promotions throughout the Kansas City area at community events, festivals, parades, concerts, away game viewing parties and events.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings.
- Crowd management, as necessary.
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Strong passion for Swope Park Rangers, Sporting Kansas City, the MLS, International Soccer and the Kansas City market.
- Highly involved with college campus organizations and events.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Kansas City market.
- Bilingual speaking abilities preferred.
- Social Media, Web HTML experience preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Must have personal computer and access to the internet.
- Prior experience or extensive coursework in event production, promotions and/or game presentation preferred.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Fashion, Merchandising, Public Relations, Event Planning, Operations, Business, or other related field required, with the ability to receive college credit.
- Junior standing in college, as well as a minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
Marketing Internship with SKC Communication Products, LLC (Posted March 22)
- Work with marketing to research and write internal and external press releases, case studies, direct mail pieces, client communications and other materials as assigned – and to proofread each.
- Assist in writing website, social media and digital signage content.
- Assist in planning, development and coordination of sales support projects, which could include sales presentations, RFP’s, seminars and trainings.
- Work with marketing team to monitor SKC social media and web content.
- Oversee marketing supplies, literature, business cards, collateral and giveaways at SKC office/off-site warehouse.
- Administrative duties as assigned which could include photocopying, brochure stuffing, mailing materials and other items for events, trade shows, sales projects, reports and meetings.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
- Assist Finance team with daily accounting tasks and monthly reporting functions.
- Some travel required to attend trade shows and SKC events.
- Excellent project management skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communiqués.
- Ability to write and proofread sales, technical & marketing materials.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Design experience utilizing In Design, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- In process of obtaining Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in business management, marketing, or a related field.
- 0-2 years marketing-related experience.
Corporate Communications Internship with Russell Stover Chocolates (Posted March 22)
- Contribute original content and ideas for general informational messages and program launches
- Work with Marketing and Human Resources leaders to align employment and corporate branding efforts.
- Assist in developing, drafting and launching employee related programs, policies, practices and communication initiatives.
- Develop, maintain and update the look, feel and content on the corporate intranet and recruitment sites.
- Excellent communicator with advanced writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle simultaneous tasks.
- Skilled in learning communication goals with the ability to develop compelling messages.
- Ability to handle sensitive business information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Creative edge – someone who is excited to work on a progressive project and motivated to make a difference.
- Sophomore year or later is preferred.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program in English, Business, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing.
Communications Internship with Compass Minerals (Posted March 20)
- Create high-quality communications for a variety of activities (e.g., internal newsletter, intranet, emails, all-company presentations, external website, press releases, messaging documents).
- Participate in meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Update manuals and guidelines.
- Provide input on communication strategies and plans.
- Work collaboratively across various internal groups to develop communications.
- Assist in media monitoring and development of national and local media lists.
- Update and maintain corporate communication assets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Associated Press (AP) style.
- Skills in design and video/photo editing a plus.
- Experience in WordPress and SharePoint web applications a plus.
- Working towards a BA or Masters Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or similar.
Videographer / Graphic Design Internship with Balls Foods (Posted March 20)
- Create videos from start to finish on a variety of different things (tutorials/blended training, testimonials, animated videos).
- Ability to set-up, and operate various production equipment including cameras, audio recorders/microphones, lighting equipment, and editing programs to create professional level videos.
- Assist in other marketing duties such as photo editing and the creation of feature sheets.
- Experience using Adobe Premier, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Final Cut Pro – preferred.
- Proficient on Mac & PC platforms – preferred.
- Familiarity with digital video formats and files.
- Interest in new and rapidly changing video technologies, up-to-date with latest trends.
- High school or equivalent – required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with videography / post-production / graphic design.
Communications Strategy Internship with Bosh Chemical (Posted March 20)
- Assist with social media engagement by helping manage Bosh Chemical’s social channels. Drafting and editing copy for social channels.
- Monitoring social media web analytics on a cyclical basis (e.g. page views, twitter followers), and provide reports of growth and other activity.
- Engaging with marketing teams on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative marketing and social media campaigns.
- Assist with gathering data for marketing reports and supporting a variety of marketing and advertising programs.
- Researching industry-specific sites (blogs, forums, etc) for product reviews, customer comments, and other relevant marketing information.
- Maintaining marketing program files.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms.
- High school or equivalent is required.
- At least 1 year of social media management experience.
Graphic Design Internship with Burns & McDonnell (Posted March 20)
- Assisting with conceptualization and design of collateral material, advertisements, event invitations, signage, multimedia presentations, trade show graphics and other corporate communications that maintain the corporate identity.
- Works closely and in a collaborative manner with the marketing team and the client to ensure communications strategies and objectives support client and corporate goals as defined by the team for each project.
- Responsible for preparation of art files and production instructions for printing or electronic distribution.
- Additional responsibilities include corporate event support during and after business hours, plus other duties as assigned by the Creative Design Manager in Corporate Marketing.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Must be creative and have excellent written and verbal communication, organization and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Be able to multitask and assist on a large number of concurrent projects.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software skills are preferred.
- HTML and photography skills are a plus.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field is required.
- Completion of at least 2 years of college coursework preferred.
Marketing Internship (Summer 2017) with Spring Venture Group (Posted March 15)
- Create written content for publishing throughout content ecosystem including blogs, social media, and more.
- Participate in ideation meetings throughout the content creation process from beginning to end.
- Gain understanding of general business objectives and how those filter into content goals and processes.
- Ability to function independently and within a team setting.
- Ability to write concise, professional pieces that are approachable but that do not lose their point of authority.
- Junior/senior completing a relevant degree.
- Experience meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload.
Internships with Kansas City Chiefs (Posted March 15)
Marketing Content Internship with Sprint (Posted March 15)
This internship will support the sprint.com front-end content management team in updates and deployments for a wide range of site areas in a fun, agency-type environment: site-wide banner and messaging campaigns; online store launches (devices, plans, accessories, service add-ons); legal and other mandatory content; the digital bill experience; and much more. We sometimes work in templates, and other times in HTML source code, so the ability to handle both will be key.
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML/XML and/or educational background in content management systems (CMS).
- Comfortable with a fast and sometimes deadline-intense pace.
- The natural ability to learn and adapt to various CMS templates, platforms and basic code bases that drive the site.
- Enrolled in college or college graduate within the last 24 months.
Communications Internship with VML agency (Posted March 10)
- Help create an internal employee enewsletter.
- Assist in event planning and be support for internal activities.
- Develop content for our internal dashboard.
- Help brainstorm VML branded items/swag distribution for client guests, etc.
- Social monitoring and posting on VML social channels.
- Assist with external marketing projects, including survey submissions, writing content for VML.com, events, media briefings, special projects, content planning, etc.
- Admin support, including tracking/measurement of PR, research and organization of information (editorial calendars, publication research, survey/ranking research),
- Updating media/contact lists and other VML databases.
- Coordination/uploading of VML.com content.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail, willingness to ask questions and ability to follow up.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Junior, senior or nontraditional student in college or recent graduate with coursework or experience in a related field such as marketing, communications or journalism.
Internships with Visit KC (Posted March 7)
Internships with VML agency (Posted March 7)
Marketing Internship with Yelp KC (Posted March 6)
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerillamarketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc).
- Co-managing the Twitter handle and Facebook page.
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching.
- Online community building.
- You live to write and write to live and may help craft super Yelpy copy.
- 3-6 month program; can be renewed with approval.
- 8-16 flexible hours per week.
- Currently lives/resides in the Kansas City area.
- Interns must have reliable transportation and be 21+, as help is needed at bars, clubs and other age-restricted venues.
Marketing & Communications Internship with Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City (Posted March 6)
- Design, create, and disseminate bi-monthly e-newsletter to raise awareness and highlight Junior Achievement impact and success stories.
- Maintain online presence and public awareness utilizing various social media outlets and vehicles (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, LinkedIn, Constant Contact, etc.).
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s website, including upcoming events, program developments, news or media features, impact stories, etc.
- Tracking and analysis of metrics for email marketing campaigns and social media outreach.
- Draft press releases and engage media in Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City events and programs.
- Create and design marketing collateral materials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Graphic design skills (preferred knowledge of Photoshop Elements and Piktochart).
- Demonstrate an ability to be creative and innovative.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with little supervision.
- Participate and work well as part of a small, dynamic, fast-paced team.
- Experience with social media campaigns, website management, and other digital marketing.
Marketing and Writing Internship with United Excel (Posted March 6)
- Assist with proposal coordination (setting up meetings, downloading & distributing RFP documents, managing email communication, proofreading, formatting, compiling all proposal information, printing and/or submitting proposal).
- Assist with creation and writing of newsletter content, press releases, project descriptions, blog content, personnel experience descriptions, social media, and other company marketing materials.
- Assist with corporate presentation coordination (developing PowerPoints, etc.).
- Assist with trade show coordination.
- Assist with management and growth of company social media.
- Assistance with formatting and proofreading proposals and other company marketing materials .
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments of the corporation in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Superior writing skills, in particular very comfortable with grammar and proofreading.
- Possess strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with extreme attention to detail.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills, particularly with formatting Word documents.
- Experience with Adobe Suite a plus, but not required.
- Must be deadline oriented and meet all deadlines.
- Travel could be expected, up to 10%.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Coursework in Technical Writing, Marketing, Journalism, English, or a related field.
Graphic Design Internship (Unpaid) with National Soccer Coaches Association of America (Posted March 6)
- Layout and complete pre-season Soccer Journal publication by July 31, 2017.
- Create various print and web graphics for several NSCAA departments.
- Support campaign roll-out.
- Attend weekly marketing team meetings.
Marketing Proposal Internship with Kiewit (Posted March 6)
- Enter and maintain project profiles in the firm’s internal data management system.
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Support and format documents, spreadsheets, and presentations as requested.
- Attend and support tradeshow events and/or visit project job site(s) as needed.
- Assist with marketing publications, presentations, graphics and proposals.
- Participate in proposals as needed through coordination efforts, brainstorming sessions, message development, writing, editing and production execution.
- Assist in the design of proposals with custom tabs, graphic story elements, creative packaging, etc.
- Excellent writing, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills required; technical writing skills preferred.
- Ability to professionally handle constructive criticism.
- Energetic and outgoing personality with the ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Strong Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communication, Journalism, or a related field.
Digital Marketing Internship (Summer 2017) with DeMarche Associates, Inc. (Posted March 2)
- Contributing to digital marketing projects at the tactical level from start to finish involving hands-on experience optimizing campaigns, assessing traffic, nurturing existing campaigns, developing marketing materials and offering marketing suggestions.
- High level of proficiency with the Microsoft 2010/2013 product suite for business: Advanced Word and Publisher, plus use of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.Ability to master new technical skills including Google applications.
- Graphic design experience is a plus.
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to solve problems, multi-task, and produce results within due dates.
- Attention to detail, initiative to proofread, and reasonable speed in producing professional results.
- Must be able to summarize technical investment or economic material with narrative and graphics.
- Must be capable of understanding financial subject matter sufficient to create, proof and edit technical presentations and web material.
- College major in marketing, technology or a combination thereof is preferred, but may be supplemented with comparable work experience.
Paid Part-Time Content Marketing Internship with A2 Advertising (Posted March 1)
- Schedule social media posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Work with social media coordinators to create and curate engaging content for grocery store customers.
- Create short food and recipe videos for use on social media pages for grocers nationwide.
- Assist in preparing promotional presentations.
- Perform research and analysis activities.
- Support the digital marketing team in daily administrative tasks.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive.
- Solid understanding of storytelling in marketing and/or journalism.
- Skills in video editing using Premiere Pro or similar software.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- 15-20 hours availability weekly during office hours (8:30am-5:30pm).
- Junior or Senior currently enrolled in program for Broadcast, Multimedia Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio link (optional) to Andi Kahclamat, Digital Marketing Director, at email@example.com
Internships with blooom, inc. (Posted March 1)
Internships with US Toy Company (Posted February 27)
Public Relations Internship with Populous Group, LLC (Posted February 24)
- Research various print and electronic outlets and maintain media contact database.
- Support publicity plan around upcoming openings; develop stories to pitch to various media outlets
- Develop case studies around key projects; write press releases; write stories for POP website and intranet site on people and projects
- Develop content for social media and support content strategy efforts
- Help coordinate summer events and conferences; research / coordinate fall events and speaking engagements
- Research award submissions and corporate ranking surveys. Coordinate entry submission.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as appropriate and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Highly proficient in Office Suite.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading.
- Current college student in business, marketing, communications or other related field.
Marketing and Communications Internship with Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute (Posted February 21)
Hourly (approximately 20 – 25 hours per week), commencing April 3, 2017
- Assist in developing and implementing social media strategies to increase awareness about KCALSI.
- Assist in planning and production of monthly e-newsletter.
- Coordinate with Communications and Events Manager to translate concepts into online articles and collateral materials.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of mailing, media and guests lists.
- Assist with communications, sponsorship solicitation and video coordination.
- Assisting in on-site event execution to include set up, break-down and AV support.
- Assist staff as needed including: answering phones, coordinating meetings, filing and other duties.
- Effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
- Proficient in the following: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Hootsuite Pro.
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow direction and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong creativity.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to provide support in any project presented.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations).
Apply with interest to Sharon Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Internship with Country Club Bank (Posted February 21)
- Assist with marketing projects.
- Assist with special events for the bank.
- Assist with Social Media Content Delivery.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit and maintain high degree of professionalism.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent follow through and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong PC, web, database/Excel skills.
- Undergraduate student working towards a marketing degree.
More Details and to Apply
Internships with Love Circles (Posted February 20)
Internships with Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City (Updated February 20)
Internships with REACTOR (Posted February 12)
Marketing and Communications Internship with Arts Council of Johnson County (Posted February 12)
- Assist with ACJC promotion.
- Draft content for Arts Council of Johnson County social media, blog, e-newsletter and email campaigns.
- Conduct research for press releases and special projects.
- Join ACJC staff and Board members in representing Arts Council of Johnson County at meetings and community functions.
- Assist with programs and special events.
- Passionate about the arts or the nonprofit community.
- Dedicated, resourceful, well-organized self-starter.
- Creative and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work 15 hours per week.
- Ability to work some evenings (occasional).
- General knowledge of social media platforms.
- Junior or senior-level college student.
More Details and to Apply
Marketing Internship with C2FO (Posted February 1)
- Manage existing website with easy-to-use content management system.
- Campaign reporting – collect data and analyze insights.
- Competitive research.
- Support development of sales enablement materials.
- Desire to focus on B2B and international related efforts.
- Pursuing a degree in marketing/advertising, journalism, communications or business.
More Details and to Apply
Student Internship – Local Government Services with Mid-America Regional Council (Posted January 27)
The scheduled start date for this internship is early February. Must be able to work up to 20 hours/week for up to 8 months, February through September. Daytime scheduling will be flexible.
- Coordination of CORE4 seven work groups and activities, especially assisting with the planning and hosting of the 2017 Youth Career Expo.
- Assisting the Government Training Institute in tasks related to updating course material, handouts, marketing pieces, etc.
- Researching topics for Managers Roundtable luncheons, speakers and conducting follow-up activities that would further inform city managers, e.g. cybersecurity, public pension plans (defined contribution vs. defined benefits), etc.
- Assistance with research on local or national programs to support the First Suburbs Coalition goal of establishing best practices in community redevelopment.
- Requires excellent oral/written communication skills, aptitude for project management, project planning, and research.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, or with internal and external constituents, as well as the ability to perform work independently.
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking Master’s level program or have graduated from a post-secondary educational institution within the past 3 months.
- Educational and/or past work experience must be in Public Administration, Non-Profit and/or Project Management; Preference given to candidates currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
More Details and to Apply