If you have any Kansas City area internships you would like to post on this blog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. On average, we try to keep postings up at least 45-60 days. We check all listings once or twice a week to make sure they are still valid. In addition, new jobs are added every day or every other day. Thank you for reading and good luck in your job search!
Marketing Copywriter Internship with Insight 2 Design (Posted June 26)
- Play a key role in the creative ideation, vision and design feel for our brand “Core Equipment.”
- Creates original written content for scripts, advertising, online and social media use.
- Exceptionally compelling and persuasive copywriting skills, demonstrated in an impressive and creative portfolio.
- Collaborate with graphic designers to translate strategic objectives into engaging and creative solutions.
- Expertly pitch language to particular market segments and offering messages.
- Correct spelling, grammar and align writings to the brand.
- Handles editing in a wide range of topics and genres.
- Proofreading, copy editing, line editing, social media posts, and blogs.
- Online or PDF portfolio demonstrating copywriting expertise and experience.
Internships with Andrews McMeel Universal (Updated June 20)
Marketing Internship with Kansas City Renaissance Festival (Posted June 12)
- Execute & maintain contracts, miscellaneous forms, reports, payments & deadlines.
- Develop and prepare regular reports on the status of contracts and miscellaneous forms.
- Research of vendors and sponsors for events.
- Research of new events.
- Maintain social media campaign calendars.
- Assist in creating email blasts and newsletters.
- Maintain vendor database and files with the most current information.
- Extensive telephone work.
- Provide support with projects or weekly lists.
- Effective Individual Time Management in correlation to deadlines.
- Arranging advertising with print and broadcast media.
- Assist with theme weekend coordination.
- Write copy for promotional material.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer knowledge with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and respond well to pressure and deadlines.
- Current college students or recent college graduates encouraged to apply.
- Experience and or education in marketing, human resources, customer service, public relations, communications and event planning a plus.
SEO/Social Media Marketing Internship with Spigot Inc. (Posted June 12)
- Identify and implement SEO best practices.
- Manage social media community through commenting, sharing and engaging with client audience.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization.
- Research and analyze competitor web content and keyword strategies.
- Create relevant pop culture quizzes and content.
- Background in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and/or social media marketing is preferred.
- Seeking a student or recent graduate in an undergraduate in Digital Media, Internet Marketing, Computer Science, Digital Communication or an equivalent academic field.
Sports Marketing Internship with Heartland Soccer Association (Posted June 12)
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
- Website and social media optimization.
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data.
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline.
- Communicate via email, phone, and in-person with business owners and marketing specialists in the community.
- Create digital marketing materials.
- Participate in volunteer coordination, office duties, tournaments, special events, and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of web and social media.
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
- College students majoring in Sports Marketing, Non-Profit Management, Business and Marketing, or Sports Management (other degrees/majors also considered); High School students interested in sports marketing will be considered.
Marketing Internship with Arrow Renovation (Posted June 9)
- Creating and posting content on the company’s websites.
- Writing blogs, social media posts, press releases and other marketing materials.
- Maintaining and improving social media profiles.
- Conducting online research.
- Preparing reports and spreadsheets.
- Taking photos and video.
- Organizing materials for trade shows.
- Ability to work 10-20 hours per week.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Currently enrolled in a marketing, advertising, public relations or business program.
Marketing Internship with CBIZ Employee Services (Posted June 4)
- Assist in identifying ideal client criteria per industry and pull appropriate list from database or other source.
- Conduct prospect research to identify top leads in support of sales team and P&C growth efforts.
Create prospect profiles to ensure necessary data is available to sales team.
- Work with the Sr. Marketing Specialist to create and track email marketing and other lead generation campaigns.
- Create content and post approved messaging on social media channels.
- Assist in updating collaterals.
- Maintain content on intranet and internet sites.
- Draft and distribute news release and write biographies as needed.
- Collaborate with Sr. Marketing Specialist on new marketing and business development ideas.
- Compile reports showing results (ROI).
- Manages P&C marketing materials and promotional items inventory.
- Assists with local and national event planning and management.
- Assists with creation and distribution of deliverables (flyers, brochures, etc.).
- Provides admin support for team.
- Highly skilled in research practices and instinctively knows where to access information online.
- Proficient with Google search and social media platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop & InDesign) and other graphic design programs is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems is a plus.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Computer literate (working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Working toward a college degree in Marketing, Communications, or related.
Marketing / Social Media Internship with Allure Nail Supply (Posted May 31)
- Support Marketing Manager on weekly marketing tasks.
- Facilitate the exchange of materials and ideas from sales department to design team.
- Manage the company’s social media accounts, creating and consistently adding content.
- Graphic design skills a plus, occasional design work a possibility.
- Keep track of ongoing projects and facilitate its completion.
Marketing Internship with cfm Distributors,Inc. (Posted May 29)
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities.
- Support the marketing manager in organizing various projects.
- Manage and update the marketing database.
- Communicate directly with customers and encourage trusting relationships.
- Assisting with the production of marketing brochures.
- Support dealer marketing needs (uniforms, signage, ad specialties, literature).
- Support sales and territory managers’ needs.
- Manage the accounting for dealer claims (advertising co-op, special dealer programs, growth funds).
- Maintaining inside literature stock and placing dealer literature orders.
- Assist with training and event administration.
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles is preferred.
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Graphic Design experience preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite software knowledge is a plus.
Marketing and Communication Internship with Jewish Vocational Service (Posted May 21)
- Manage social media presence.
- Maintain website and develop online content.
- Develop and produce story board materials.
- Maintain contact database.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at once.
- High school or college student with graphic design experience, exposure to communication courses or related field preferred.
Communications Internship with Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (Posted May 8)
8-10 hours weekly, with a flexible schedule
- Work with the marketing team on press releases, online presence and communication tools such as electronic newsletters and social media.
- Touch up and reformat photos for use online and in print.
- Compile and sort incoming forms for account updates and Bar Directory sales.
- Organize materials for award submissions and historical records.
- Support membership functions, such as updating IMIS accounts and cross-referencing data.
- Research and compile information for specialized assignments.
- Assist in the creation of the President’s book and regularly update files for people in upcoming leadership roles.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, following through on issues in a timely manner.
- Respect confidentiality and exercise good judgement when discussing members and/or KCMBA matters.
- Event support and preparation, as needed.
- Intermediate or advanced photo editing skills.
- Willingness to learn new database and online platforms.
- Great attention to detail and procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and spelling.
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to follow-through under minimal supervision.
- A strong desire to grow both personally and professionally.
- Goal oriented, flexible and creative under pressure.
- Must have a high level of confidentiality and security.
- Must be dependable and have a high degree of professionalism and tact under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects with accuracy.
- Database experience preferred.
- Enrolled in an academic program or a recent graduate.
Please send a cover letter and resume, along with your salary history to AnnMarie Thomas at email@example.com. Employment with KCMBA is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Social Media Marketing Internship with filmMED (Posted May 8)
- Handle up to 5 client accounts on Facebook, twitter, instagram.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks.
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
Website and social media optimization.
- Keyword analysis.
- Cost/benefit analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus.
- Knowledge and understanding of leading social media platforms and viral content, as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies.
- Has a journalistic instinct to gather the who, what, why, when and where during research and writing content, natural inclination to be a story-teller.
- A natural passion for fitness, nutrition, wellness and holistic health.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), Canva and the major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, YouTube).
- Obtaining a degree in a communications, public relations, advertising or related field or looking to obtain additional experience in the field.
- 3 years of experience on the Web & social and a solid understanding of medical marketing.
Public Relations (Fall) Internship with FleishmanHillard (Posted May 8)
- Research (for currently existing clients and new business prospects).
- Results measurement and monitoring (traditional and social media).
- Targeting and pitching media (traditional and social).
- Writing media and/or client materials.
- Social media content management.
- Must have prior leadership experience through collegiate, professional and/or community organizations.
- Must demonstrate strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the evolving PR/marketing landscape (online and offline).
- Able to manage multiple projects across a variety of teams/clients and consistently meet deadlines.
- Completed at least one relevant PR/marketing internship.
- Must have completed junior year of undergraduate study (first consideration given to graduating seniors and recent graduates).
Sales, Marketing and Event Staff Internship with The College Basketball Experience (Posted May 2)
- With tools given, and via internet searching, maintain database for Sales Director.
- Social Media videography and photography.
- Content generation for various projects.
- Constant evaluation of daily activities which are opportunities for promotion.
- Generate ideas, shoot video footage and photos, and edit to integrate with social media campaigns and other special projects.
- Experience in video production (experience shooting video with a DSLR camera a plus) and editing (proficiency in Adobe Premiere Editing Suite a plus).
- Inventory and preparation for promotional events (enter to win forms, brochures, rack cards, giveaways, etc).
- Load and set-up, tear-down and unload promotional tables, games, etc.
- Excellent brand and company representation when engaging with consumers.
- Prepare summaries of event.
- Enter all consumer data gained from Enter to Wins.
- Assist facility managers in maintaining equipment and supply inventory.
- Conduct industry research to expand upon promotional and marketing opportunities.
- Handle general office duties, including: research, data entry, answering phones, copying and filing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Able to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings and weekends and outdoors in varied weather.
- Self-starter, creativity, flexibility, knowledge of marketing and promotion tools.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Current driver’s license and own transportation is required.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of 50 pounds, climb ladders, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, and move continuously during work hours.
- College junior or senior preferred with a focus in sales, marketing, event planning, graphic art, advertising, public relations, business, hospitality or similar field and sports or entertainment industry experience.
Position requires a minimum 20 hour per week commitment.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to Celeste@thecbe.net
Marketing Internship with Turner Construction (Posted May 1)
- Assist with the creation of proposals and presentations, including writing/editing text, design layout, custom graphics, tailoring resumes, integrating schedules, etc.
- Assist with compilation of proposals including typing, reproduction, binding and preparation for delivery of proposals.
- “Proof” proposal letters, write-ups, exceptions, clarifications and alternates for content and clarity.
- Assist with the design, compilation and coordination of layout and production of boards, videos and handouts required for presentations, etc., along with their inventory management.
- Assist with creation of project award submittals and search for award opportunities.
- Assist with writing and creating display advertisements in various media.
- Assist with social media management and press releases.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet required.
- Familiarity with InDesign preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of college with a marketing concentration at an accredited university.