If you have any Kansas City area internships you would like to post on this blog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. On average, we try to keep postings up at least 45-60 days. We check all listings once or twice a week to make sure they are still valid. In addition, new jobs are added every day or every other day. Thank you for reading and good luck in your job search!
Parks and Recreation Internship (Spring 2018) with City of Olathe, KS (Posted October 16)
- Assists in the planning, organization and implementation of a wide variety of special projects and activities within the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Maintains positive public relations with all participants and staff.
- Assists in the departmental tasks including report writing and record keeping.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Complete special projects assigned by the Director and/or his designee
- Work primarily follows a routine daily schedule with attendance at weekend and evening events
- Completion of one departmental project.
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office, graphic design programs and various web browsers.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Actively pursuing a degree in recreation, communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Account Internship with Wellington (Posted October 16)
- Contribute to the concept development and logistics for meetings, incentives, special events and marketing campaigns.
- Execute event logistics including booking air and ground transportation, attendee communication, décor, entertainment, online registration, and more.
- Attend one networking event a month.
- Attend and take active role in staff and account coordinator meetings.
- Provide daily support for current programs, proposals and events.
- Manage event database including proofing and data entry.
- Assist in the sales and proposal process through research via Internet, phone, and industry publications.
- Proof read materials and cross check reports.
- Edit website, marketing and communication materials.
- Manage attendee communication and registration (hotline, email, mailings).
- Perform administrative tasks such as errands, printing, collating, binding, office organization and inventory management.
- Travel approximately 20 percent of the year – long days/light lifting.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel and Word proficiency required, InDesign desirable).
- Current college student (junior or senior status preferred) or recent graduate.
- Experience in event planning, PR, Advertising or like field is a desirable.
Social Media Internship with Rally House (Posted October 15)
- Plan and brainstorm content for social media channels.
- Communicate with the Operations department as well as Store Managers in requesting assets for Social Media strategy.
- Assist with reporting on Facebook paid campaigns and comparing results to optimize future digital advertising.
- Evaluate analytics to determine success of Social Media strategy.
- Maximize social network interaction daily to keep communities engaged – respond to fan posts regularly while maintaining the voice of the brand.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel; Photoshop a plus.
- Understanding of marketing topics and trends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience managing mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Junior or Senior year status preferred.
Marketing and Analytics Internship with AdParlor (Posted October 6)
- Utilize AdParlor’s Intelligence Tag technology to pull customized reports for clients based on creative elements of a campaign
- Utilize other Social Measurement/Reporting tools to derive analysis and insight for clients.
- Assist in development of RFPs for net-new and prospective clients.
- Create mock-ups and help design proposals, QBRs, and more collateral for internal and external clientele.
- Assist Marketing team to develop content for AdParlor social media sites.
- Develop case-studies, one-sheeters, blog posts, and other collateral.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint design fundamentals and experience creating compelling slide presentations.
- Photoshop skills a plus.
- Proven track-record as a self-starter with a portfolio of work that may include a personal blog, role as an event organizer or entrepreneurship.
- Interest in furthering knowledge and expertise in marketing and social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Snapchat.
- Pursuing a Degree, or recent graduate, in Marketing, Statistics, Economics or other relevant field.
Marketing/Group Sales Internship with Schlitterbahn Waterpark Kansas City (Posted October 4)
- Answers group and consignment related inquiries.
- Sells and books group birthday party packages.
- Prints, packs and distributes all group sales related materials.
- Processes group sales payments.
- Assists in tracking consignment account performance on a monthly basis.
- Serves at the point of contact between group sales and front gate staff.
- Tracks cabana reservations and producing/distributing daily reports.
- Assists in preparing and executing special events.
- Makes guest service and satisfaction a priority in every aspect.
- Produces video and photography for social media.
- Assists in the distribution of marketing related couponing and brochure material.
- Implements the guest/market research survey program.
- Produces monthly survey reports.
- Assists in producing and proofing email marketing messages.
- Produces monthly email marketing reports.
- Produces monthly web analytic reports.
- Assists in media remote appearances.
- Updates public relations list.
- Assists with the public relations calendar and releases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be pursuing a BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
Internship with Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (Posted September 29)
The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) is a nonprofit that provides resources, training, and advocacy to help health professionals educate future family physicians.
As an STFM intern, you’ll get to work alongside experienced nonprofit professionals and medical educators in a dynamic association environment.
Interns with STFM will be able to plan events, coordinate membership retention and development projects, and creatively promote educational resources to our members. Depending on your experience and skills, we will tailor your projects to your career goals.
- Must be available to for approximately 5-10 hours of primarily remote work per week.
- Orientation and regular meetings will take place at the STFM office in Leawood, KS.
- Interns will also have the option to travel to a national STFM conference with all travel expenses covered.
- Must be a college student currently seeking a degree in nonprofit leadership, pre-medicine, communications, marketing, or related area.
- Minimum GPA should be 3.0 and above.
- Excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, and able to work independently on important projects.
Email your resume to Emily Walters at email@example.com
Internships with Hallmark (Posted September 27)
Marketing Internship (Spring 2018) with REACTOR (Posted September 26)
As the marketing/business development intern, you will help create content for social media, put together proposals for real client presentations and help plan awesome First Friday shows in their gallery space.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Proficient in multiple social media platforms.
- A well-organized self-starter, able to work independently and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be available to work in our office for a full workday at least two days a week + the occasional evening event/First Friday.
- Must love tacos* and have a fun-loving personality.
- Junior or senior majoring in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
Email Megan McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume, cover letter and three writing samples by November 17th.
Design Internship (Spring 2018) with REACTOR (Posted September 25)
As the design intern at REACTOR, you will work on real client projects and be immersed in the creative culture of the Crossroads District.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop.
- Must have a laptop equipped with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop.
- Must be available to work in our office for a full workday at least two days a week.
- A desire to collaborate with our design team on real client work and take on a variety of projects and challenges every day.
- Senior-level student in a BFA graphic design program (current student, no graduates).
Email your resume, online portfolio and brief statement of awesomeness by November 17th to email@example.com
Public Relations Internship (Spring 2018) with FleishmanHillard (Posted September 18)
- Research (for currently existing clients and new business prospects).
- Results measurement and monitoring (traditional and social media).
- Targeting and pitching media (traditional and social).
- Writing media and/or client materials.
- Social media content management.
- Must have prior leadership experience through collegiate, professional and/or community organizations.
- Must demonstrate strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the evolving PR/marketing landscape (online and offline).
- Able to manage multiple projects across a variety of teams/clients and consistently meet deadlines.
- Must have completed junior year of undergraduate study (first consideration given to graduating seniors and recent graduates).
- Qualified candidates will have completed at least one relevant PR/marketing internship.
Graphic Design Internship with Andrews McMeel Universal (Posted September 16)
- Supporting the Publishing and Syndication divisions of Andrews McMeel Universal and it’s subsidiary brands, including GoComics, along with other comic strip/panel and content properties.
- Assisting with marketing-related projects, including graphic design for websites, digital media, social content and printed marketing materials, as well as various administrative tasks.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (with emphasis on PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator), typing, word processing, email, social media and the Internet.
- Ability to design creative assets based on strategic goals and messaging.
- Able to work autonomously, balance and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong and diverse portfolio of graphic design and other visual arts.
- 60 hours of college credit completed.
- GPA of 3.0 or above.
Dairy Marketing Internship (Summer 2018) with Dairy Farmers of America (Posted September 5)
- Data entry and analysis surrounding domestic and global dairy and related markets.
- Newsletter editing and writing.
- Assist with case studies, presentations and reports.
- Research and compile market news material.
- Assist in maintaining and improving production and pricing models.
- General project work.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior in the fall of 2018, with a degree focus in Ag Business, Ag Econ or Animal Science.
Graphic Design Internship with The Children’s Mercy Hospital (Posted August 29)
- Works closely with the Graphic Design Manager to support various communications and marketing materials through out the hospital, including all aspects of graphic design conception to production.
- Proposing creative ideas in support of strategy.
- Actively supporting and art directing photo shoots, meetings, etc.
- Working with team members to ensure action items are completed using Workfront®project management software, as well as additional duties as assigned.
- Strong creative skills, knowledge of Creative Cloud, and proficiency in MAC and PC are preferred.
- Illustration skills are a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current college Junior or Senior student and/or recent college graduate.
- No experience necessary / on-the-job training.