If you have any Kansas City area internships you would like to post on this blog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. On average, we try to keep postings up at least 45-60 days. We check all listings once or twice a week to make sure they are still valid. In addition, new jobs are added every day or every other day. Thank you for reading and good luck in your job search!
Marketing and Social Media Internship (Unpaid) with Good Shepherd United Methodist Church (Posted August 20)
- Work with team members to develop + understand digital marketing strategies.
- Develop + write marketing content to be deployed across social media channels.
- Analyze reports to create insights that will help drive digital marketing content strategies.
- Create and implement tracking code designed to measure social content engagement.
- Must be detail oriented with strong attention to follow-through.
- Strong writing skills.
- Communicate effectively in both written + verbal form.
- Flexible in work functions + duties.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks + meet deadlines.
Film and New Media Internship with VisitKC (Posted August 20)
Assist the KC Film Office in its duties to promote Kansas City as a destination for film/TV/commercial production, assist productions and promote area projects.
- Location Scouting & Locations/Film Event Photography.
- Locations and crew database support and management.
- Industry-related research (as applied to production assistance or special projects).
- Social media support.
- Assist with content for blogs, newsletters and presentations.
- Assist in the development and organization of marketing materials.
- Assist in the development of filmmaker/production outreach.
- Assist in production support for productions that film in the Greater KC area.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, writing skills and familiarity with customer service, production and social media.
- Writing samples may be requested.
- Editing experience on Adobe Premiere is a plus.
- Overall GPA must meet a B+ average minimum.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional behavior are must.
- The ideal candidate for this position is a college student in their Junior or Senior year pursuing a degree in communications with a knowledge or emphasis in film, digital media, or other related area of study.
Copywriting Internship with American Academy of Family Physicians (Posted August 20)
Monday-Friday, 10-18 hours per week, approximately 13 weeks. Internship will start September 19, 2017 at $15.00 per hour.
- Responsible for editing and publishing an update to the existing AAFP Style Guide.
- Editing existing Marketing copy to ensure it adheres to style guidelines, and -as needed- writing compelling copy for a breadth of marketing communications.
- Work closely with the Copy Development Manager, Senior Creative Manger, and the whole of the Creative team to ensure the work meets the needs of the Academy at large, as well as its members.
- Also be involved in other departmental activities as they relate to his or her degree program and career interests.
- Superior editing and time-management skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of AP style and medical terminology is a plus.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in marketing, English, journalism, or related field.
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in a course of study focused on writing for integrated marketing communications, specifically those demonstrating a strong writing talent in web-, print-, and social media-based applications.
Internship (Fall 2017) with Will & Grail (Posted August 13)
You’ll be asked to research, organize, ideate, write, manage social media channels, make presentations, and even design solutions for Will & Grail. If you have a passion for learning and want to say you’ve been part of creating something special you’ll fit in just fine.
You’ll work as part of our team and report directly to the director of marketing engagement for Will & Grail. You’ll work with other members of our team too – from programmers to designers to new business folks. Internships are unpaid. But you’ll gain a ridiculous amount of experience.
Part-Time Internship (Fall 2017) with Pinky Swear Foundation (Posted August 7)
The Pinky Swear Intern will assist the Pinky Swear Area Director in the coordination of; special events, volunteers, sponsor/donor cultivation research, communications & PR for Pinky Swear in the Kansas, Missouri & Nebraska region. These efforts are critical for enhancing the organization’s mission to help kids with cancer and their families with financial & emotional support. The Pinky Swear intern will have the opportunity to attend community advisory council meetings, outreach meetings, and special events. Internship duties will vary.
- Conduct in-depth research on local funding possibilities for programs and initiatives.
- Perform funding opportunity and resource research.
- Conduct in-depth research on local corporations for potential event sponsorships.
- Assist in the application process for sponsorship proposals.
- Work closely with the Area Director, assisting with fundraising, sponsor & vendor development, producing events, and coordinating volunteer efforts.
- Assisting with the planning, implementation and execution of fundraising events, including distributing marketing materials.
Communications & Public Relations:
- Assist the Area Director with communications efforts.
- Other duties may include public relations activities and efforts.
Skills Gained Include:
- Learn about successful development techniques and gaining funder cooperation.
- Learn about how a non-profit operates & secures funding.
- Learn about how fundraising events are coordinated & function.
- Experience an inside look at the day to day operations of a small, non-profit.
- Learn about the importance of making connections with business leaders in the community
- Increasing communication skills- written and oral.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have personal computer
- Commitment to the Pinky Swear Mission & purpose.
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively.
- Flexible, positive attitude
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Ability to work with the public in a positive, professional manner.
- Non-Profit Leadership, Marketing, or Public Affairs degree-seeking students preferred.
- Ability to work independently once provided direction.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Deadline-centric and thorough organizational skills.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office a must, Adobe CS a plus).
- Must be comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Able to lift 25 to 40 pounds as needed.
- General understanding of social media strategy and tactics.
- Consistency in effort, attitude and attendance.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume (with references) to: Eileen.email@example.com
PO Box 20292
Kansas City, Missouri 64195
Sales, Marketing and Event Staff Internship (Fall 2017) with The College Basketball Experience (Posted August 7)
Position requires a minimum 20 hour per week commitment.
- Maintain database for Sales Director.
- Social Media videography and photography.
- Content generation for various projects.
- Constant evaluation of daily activities which are opportunities for promotion.
- Generate ideas, shoot video footage and photos, and edit to integrate with social media campaigns and other special projects.
- Experience in video production (experience shooting video with a DSLR camera a plus) and editing (proficiency in Adobe Premiere Editing Suite a plus).
- Inventory and preparation for promotional events (enter to win forms, brochures, rack cards, giveaways, etc).
- Load and set-up, tear-down and unload promotional tables, games, etc.
- Excellent brand and company representation when engaging with consumers.
- Prepare summaries of event.
- Assist facility managers in maintaining equipment and supply inventory.
- Conduct industry research to expand upon promotional and marketing opportunities.
- Handle general office duties, including: research, data entry, answering phones, copying and filing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Able to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings and weekends and outdoors in varied weather.
- Self-starter, creativity, flexibility, knowledge of marketing and promotion tools.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Current driver’s license and own transportation is required.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of 50 pounds, climb ladders, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, and move continuously during work hours.
- College junior or senior preferred with a focus in sales, marketing, event planning, graphic art, advertising, public relations, business, hospitality or similar field and sports or entertainment industry experience.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to Celeste@thecbe.net.
Social Media / Public Relations Internship (Fall 2017) with Page Communications (Posted August 7)
Page Communications is seeking to engage an intern for the fall of 2017:
Starting in Aug. and ending mid-December. Start and end dates are negotiable.
Approximately 15-20 hours per week. Please note that there may be opportunities to surpass 20 hours (but not to exceed 40 hours) in one week.
Hourly rate of $10.00 per hour, paid monthly.
Page Comms is happy to provide documentation to a college or university to aid current students in receiving course credit.
- Manage clients’ Facebook pages, Twitter streams, Instagram accounts and other social media, including online review sites.
- Build out monthly conversation calendars and/or weekly look-ahead calendars for clients’ social media accounts.
- Craft, proof and schedule posts and tweets for clients’ social media accounts.
- Research emerging social media platforms for integration into client plans.
- Field work for social media purposes (mileage is reimbursed).
- Social media measurement and reporting.
- Participate in strategy design for client social media.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of client events.
- Participation in planning and brainstorming sessions for both existing and prospective clients.
- Form a basic understanding of online media database tools (Cision and Meltwater).
- Create media lists for individual clients and overall company use.
- Create list of local/regional/national bloggers and the beats they cover.
- Write press releases and advisories.
- Craft story pitches.
- Be able to commit to the proposed time frame and hour structure.
- Be able to work a regular weekly schedule with some flexibility.
- Maintain a basic knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest and general strategies for the use of each.
- Have a working knowledge of the local Kansas City news media.
- Be outgoing and willing to call or talk to unfamiliar people.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Understanding of the Associated Press Stylebook.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Be a self-starter able to effectively function with minimal supervision.
- Be pursuing a degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications or equivalent major or currently holds degree in such an academic program.
If interested in the fall intern position, please email your cover letter, resumé and writing samples to Breanne Fritcher at firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug 31.
Internship (Fall 2017) with Folk Alliance International (Posted August 7)
An FAI internship is primarily focused on support of the day to day operations of the organization, with primary activity related to membership, marketing, research, and event planning.
To be eligible interns must:
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student.
- Have completed at least two semesters of college education.
- Be able to work for the entire length of the internship.
- Have strong communication skills (phone/email/in-person).
- Have an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Hold a passion for the music and/or interest in working in the arts management/music field.
- Have strong computer skills.
Marketing/Sales/Advertising Internship with Heartland Soccer Association (Posted July 28)
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
- Website and social media optimization.
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data.
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline.
- Communicate via email, phone, and in-person with business owners and marketing specialists in the community Create digital marketing materials.
- Participate in volunteer coordination, office duties, tournaments, special events, and projects.
- Complete office duties.
- Administration of League and Tournaments.
- Establishing/Assisting with community partnerships.
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
Marketing and Public Relations Internship (Fall 2017) with The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts (Posted July 22)
- Assist with program marketing, communications and PR efforts related to our Kauffman Center Presents season.
- Assist with general social media monitoring/communication strategies.
- Assist with writing and scheduling social media content.
- Manage ongoing marketing research projects.
- Communicate via email to answer questions from patrons and community members.
- Coordinate grassroots marketing efforts for Open Doors program.
- Manage the Kauffman Center’s Volunteer Outreach Team.
- Maintain photo archive.
- Compile press clippings and archive existing materials.
- Communicate media hits and upcoming events via organizational intranet tool.
- Implement website blog updates and edits.
- Create email marketing templates, deploy email performance reminders and maintain subscriber lists.
- Assist with fulfillment of marketing promotions as part of our venue menu of services.
- Create performance surveys and cultivate data.
- Prepare informational press kits and greet members of the press at select evening events;
- Assist with writing news releases and other promotional copy for upcoming events.
- Build and manage marketing database.
- Fulfill patron marketing requests as needed.
- Previous work experience in the fields of Marketing, Public Relations, Community Outreach, Digital Media or similar is preferred.
- Experience producing mass email communications using software such as Wordfly, Constant Contact or similar is helpful.
- Experience building content on multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Experience with marketing or arts administration is a bonus.
- Previous CRM database experience (Ex. Tessitura) is preferred.
- Experience editing WordPress websites or blogs.
- Experience writing articles, press releases, or other marketing content.
- Graphic design experience is welcomed but not mandatory.
- Multimedia production (photo, video) experience is welcomed but not mandatory.
- Enrolled in or has recently completed a college degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
Graphic Design Internship with The Children’s Mercy Hospital (Posted July 22)
- Works closely with the Graphic Design Manager to support various communications and marketing materials through out the hospital, including all aspects of graphic design conception to production.
- Proposing creative ideas in support of strategy.
- Actively supporting and art directing photo shoots, meetings, etc.
- Working with team members to ensure action items are completed using Workfront®project management software, as well as additional duties as assigned.
- Strong creative skills, knowledge of Creative Cloud, and proficiency in MAC and PC are preferred.
- Illustration skills are a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current college Junior or Senior student and/or recent college graduate.
- No experience necessary / on-the-job training.
Graphic Design Internship with Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC (Posted July 12)
- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized.
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion.
- Work with marketing team to build and design decks for major internal and external partners.
- Help illustrate and design merchandise and banners.
- Assist with image-sourcing to make marketing materials the best they can be.
- Assist with designing and branding for Heartland.
- Create product, packaging, and sales mock-ups to support sales and digital teams.
- Ability to work a minimum of 5 hours per day and a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Previous marketing or writing skills are a plus.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, and Powerpoint.
Video Editor Internship with filmMED (Posted July 2)
- Editing branded content for web and app delivery. Project types include: short form documentaries, interviews, pre-roll spots, and social media content.
- Editing various client-based projects.
- Maintaining content quality within condensed schedules.
- Minimal title and reel graphics.
- Preparing projects for finishing, conform, and delivery in various formats.
- Preparing projects for archival and maintaining internal project databases.
- Knowledge of the current media environment and the filmMED brand and visual style is a must.
- A successful track record on project delivery to clients.
- Ability to multi-task under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of Final Cut and Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to color grade raw footage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years experience in post production.