If you have any Kansas City area internships you would like to post on this blog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. On average, we try to keep postings up at least 45-60 days. We check all listings once or twice a week to make sure they are still valid. In addition, new jobs are added every day or every other day. Thank you for reading and good luck in your job search!
Marketing and Public Relations Internship with Kansas City Repertory Theatre (Posted February 21)
- Research and analyze keywords for PPC advertising campaigns.
- Create original behind-the-scenes content (written and multimedia).
- Provide support to social media and webpage efforts.
- Organize and execute events for KC Rep.
- Experience in WordPress, HTML, CSS, video editing.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Premier, Final Cut Pro, and Wordfly (or strong willingness to learn).
- College sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Majoring in: Marketing or Communication (PR, Hospitality management, Journalism, Mass Media, etc.).
Marketing Internship with Sierra Winter Jewelry (Posted February 21)
- Assist with writing and scheduling weekly email campaigns.
- Create and manage social media content, including photos, copy, videos, and stories.
- Act as social community manager, engaging with followers’ concerns and positive feedback to deepen engagement.
- Update website content, including product, posts, and summaries.
- Assist with creating and publishing blog content on behalf of the brand.
- Assist in day-to-day operations; visit retailers, fulfil product request, etc.
- Assist with styling photo shoots.
- Manage packaging and product inventory.
- Superior communication, writing and verbal skills.
- Proactive, detail oriented, and extremely organized.
- Digitally savvy, extremely hard-working, problem solving and culturally aware.
- Knowledgeable about various social media platforms and updates.
Marketing Internship with SKC Communications (Posted February 12)
- Assist in writing website, social media and digital signage content.
- Assist in planning, development and coordination of sales support projects, which could include sales presentations, RFP’s, seminars and trainings.
- Work with marketing team to monitor SKC social media and web content.
- Oversee marketing supplies, literature, business cards, collateral and giveaways at SKC office/off-site warehouse.
- Administrative duties as assigned which could include photocopying, brochure stuffing, mailing materials and other items for events, trade shows, sales projects, reports and meetings.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
- Assist Finance team with daily accounting tasks and monthly reporting functions.
- Some travel required to attend trade shows and SKC events.
- Ability to write and proofread sales, technical & marketing materials.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Design experience utilizing In Design, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in business management, marketing, or a related field.
- 0-2 years marketing-related experience.
Temporary Marketing Internship with Black & Veatch (Posted February 12)
- Writing/posting intranet stories and analysis.
- Writing/distributing emails.
- Video planning/writing (some production possible).
- Copy writing and design project management of posters or other collateral.
- Strategic communications planning and implementation.
- Current enrollment in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or Engineering degree program.
- No experience required.
Marketing Proposal Internship with Kiewit (Updated February 8)
- Enter and maintain project profiles in the firm’s internal data management system.
- Support and format documents, spreadsheets, and presentations as requested.
- Attend and support tradeshow events and/or visit project job site(s) as needed.
- Assist with marketing publications, presentations, graphics, and proposals.
- Participate in proposals as needed through coordination efforts, brainstorming sessions, message development, writing, editing, and production execution.
- Assist in the design of proposals with custom tabs, graphic story elements, creative packaging, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent writing, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills required; technical writing skills preferred.
- Ability to professionally handle constructive criticism.
- Energetic and outgoing personality with the ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Strong Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communication, Journalism, or a related field.
Marketing Internship (Spring 2018) with Smith & Loveless Inc. (Posted February 5)
- Creating digital design work for print and web using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Data entry website work and other website work as assigned.
- Preparing and collating printed materials.
- Adding creative input into social media posts.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop).
- Keen eye for Layout/Design.
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or Drupal Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Bilingual (Spanish), preferred.
- HTML/CSS coding and/or Dreamweaver experience.
Various Internships (Summer 2018) with Hallmark (Posted February 5)
Marketing Internship with Rally House (Posted January 30)
- Plan and brainstorm content for social, email, web and other media.
- Maintain, update and optimize website and local listings.
- Assist in executing digital and in-store marketing campaigns, including promotions, contests and events.
- Evaluate analytics to determine success of advertising campaigns and initiatives.
- Assist in executing external sponsorships and partnerships.
- Facilitate communication between departments, stores and external stakeholders.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel; Photoshop a plus.
- Understanding of marketing topics and trends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Junior or Senior year status preferred.
Graphic Design Internship with Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Posted January 28)
- Works closely with the Graphic Design Manager to support various communications and marketing materials throughout the hospital, including all aspects of graphic design conception to production.
- Proposing creative ideas in support of strategy.
- Actively supporting and art directing photo shoots, meetings, etc.
- Working with team members to ensure action items are completed using Workfront®project management software, as well as additional duties as assigned.
- Strong creative skills, knowledge of Creative Cloud, and proficiency in MAC and PC are preferred.
- Illustration skills are a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No experience necessary/on-the-job training.
- Current college Junior or Senior student and/or recent college graduate.
Marketing Internship with Yelp Kansas City (Posted January 26)
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc).
- Co-managing social media profiles including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching.
- Online community building.
- You live to write and write to live and may help craft super Yelpy copy.
- Currently lives/resides in the Kansas City area
- Interns must have reliable transportation and be 21+, as we’ll need your help at bars, clubs and other age-restricted venues.
Design Internship with MBB Agency (Posted January 26)
MBB is looking for a talented design intern to work side-by-side with our creative department this summer. You’ll be tasked with solving real challenges, executing real projects and helping real clients move their businesses forward.
- Strong conceptual thinking and the portfolio to back it.
- Vast knowledge of all things Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- The ability to collaborate at any and all times.
- Strong and persuasive presentation skills.
Marketing Internship with U.S. Engineering Company (Posted January 26)
- Create, update and/or edit written and graphic content for a variety of media, which could include: Website, Social media, Brochures, Presentations, Internal communications, Advertisements and Public relations.
- Contribute to U.S. Engineering s CRM database for project development and marketing, which includes project information updates, resume creation and maintenance, and other key information.
- Assist with internal event planning and implementation.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Attention to detail and creative approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound judgment and confidentiality.
- Keen sense of urgency and proven ability to meet or exceed deadlines and commitments.
- Excellent copywriting and editorial skills.
- Occasional / infrequent travel may be required locally.
- Junior or senior majoring in advertising, graphic design, communications, or marketing.
Marketing Internship with Andrews McMeel Universal (Posted January 9)
- Assist in the development of creative strategy and the planning and execution of comprehensive marketing campaigns.
- Write press releases and story pitches for variety of media outlets (broadcast, print, online).
- Develop/design a variety of marketing materials.
- Provide online retailer support.
- Perform research to assist in the identification of marketing opportunities.
- Evaluate and assist ongoing development and tracking of Internet and search marketing initiatives.
- Create promotional email, social media, and other online announcements.
- Assist in the maintenance and proofreading of marketing materials.
- Work to build media contacts database to enhance public relations efforts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign.
- Attentive to detail, with outstanding written communication and grammar skills.
- Minimum of 60 hours of college credit earned at time of application.
- Overall GPA of 3.2 or above.
Public Relations Internship with FleishmanHillard (Posted January 9)
- Research (for current clients and new business prospects).
- Results measurement and monitoring (traditional and social media).
- Targeting and pitching media (traditional and social).
- Writing media and/or client materials.
- Social media analytics reporting and content management.
- Must have prior leadership experience through collegiate, professional and/or community organizations.
- Must demonstrate strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the evolving PR/marketing landscape (online and offline).
- Able to manage multiple projects across a variety of teams/clients and consistently meet deadlines.
- Qualified candidates will have completed at least one relevant PR/marketing internship.
- Must have completed junior year of undergraduate study (first consideration given to graduating seniors and recent graduates).
Marketing and Communications Internship (Summer 2018) with Olathe Parks and Recreation (Posted January 8)
- Assist in executing the marketing and communications plan for the parks and recreation department.
- Assist in maintaining the parks and recreation website.
- Assist in maintaining the Olathe Active App.
- Assist in the production and distribution of marketing materials such as brochures (catalogs), flyers, schedules, and other public and promotional materials for department activities.
- Participate in the marketing and implementation of special projects; both revenue and non-revenue generating events.
- Monitor and add content to local event calendars.
- Assist with the development and execution of Department sponsorships and partnerships.
- Assist with photography of programs and events to be used for marketing purposes.
- Assist in developing engaging content for the department’s social media platforms.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Assist in developing Olathe Active Insider, an advocacy group for the parks and recreation department, including a Did You Know? campaign and content for the monthly newsletter.
- Work primarily follows a routine daily schedule with attendance at weekend and evening events.
- Communicates regularly with agency supervisor through weekly meetings and informal.
- Experience with the use of social media, web-based platforms, mobile applications, the Adobe Creative Suite, photography and video graph preferred.
- High School graduate or GED; currently attending college majoring in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
- Background experience in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or background in public information; and/or administrative experience in a related public sector environment.
Internships (Summer 2018) with Cremalab (Posted January 4)