If you have any Kansas City area web/graphic designer job listings you would like to post on this blog, send an email to email@example.com. On average, we try to keep postings up at least 45-60 days. Listings are checked once or twice a week to make sure they are still valid. In addition, new jobs are added every day or every other day.
Graphic Designer with filmMED (Posted May 21)
- Manage print design projects from conception to production.
- Create user touch points such as instructions for use and quick start guides.
- Develop marketing and collateral materials.
- Visualize diagrams, infographics and icons.
- Collaborate with local and remote design teams to execute new designs and product refinements.
- Provide design support to create materials for external company events such as posters and presentations.
- Strong skills in typography, layout, photography and branding.
- Experience in packaging and 3D desirable.
- Proven experience in a commercial design team.
- Ability to gather feedback on ideas and designs in an unbiased and empathetic manner.
- Ability to synthesize key information from multiple conversations.
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing previous graphic design work.
- Experience working in a medical, or regulated sector is desirable, but not essential.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working directly with printers and manufactures to oversee projects from conception to final production.
- 4 + years of experience in design for print.
Graphic Designer/Website Specialist with CBIZ (Posted May 21)
- Creates robust marketing collateral to promote services, industry/niche practices and build brand presence.
- Designs digital and print assets for lead generation programs, social media campaigns, proposals, presentations, media buys and recruiting efforts.
- Enhances the visual appearance and functionality of company websites and e-mails.
- Manages content on Financial Services section of cbiz.com and for mhmcpa.com.
- Works on improving website SEO.
- Actively promotes need for website enhancements and new functionality and works with Corporate IT team on troubleshooting website problems and testing new functionality.
- Liaise with printers and other vendors to ensure proper output of designed materials.
- Work with marketing team to develop and meet project timelines.
- Ensure brand standards are being met and assist with remediation as necessary.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong HTML skills, experience with web content management systems and an understanding of CSS.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of professional design experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred.
Graphic Designer with MRIGlobal (Posted May 16)
- Provides graphic design support services for the Institute staff.
- Follows stringent Visual Identity, file management, quality assurance, and archiving procedures.
- Keeps current with computer software used to develop Institute materials.
- Interprets internal client requests and renders them into finished artwork prepared appropriately for print or use in digital media.
- Frequently communicates with internal clients to accurately interpret artistic objectives and manage time-line expectations.
- Designs or upgrades presentation materials in PowerPoint format.
- Requests bids and estimates from approved vendors of creative products, and performs quality check of finished product.
- Fluency with core graphic design principles and trends (typography, form, color, composition, imagery, brand management).
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); ability to learn new software/systems.
- Demonstrated PC and Mac skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite is a must.
- Digital Portfolio is required upon application.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent from an accredited 4-year university –or– Associates degree in Graphic Design.
- 2 years of relevant experience –or– 4 years of combined education and agency or in-house design experience.
Creative Coordinator / Graphic Design with Better Life Technology, LLC (Posted May 15)
- Coordinate and lead creation of creative work for BLT product and marketing need.
- Oversee print production, graphic arts and desktop publishing.
- Prepares work by gathering relevant information and materials.
- Works closely with product management to deliver marine/print design requirements.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size, style, and related aesthetics concepts.
- Obtains approval from approvals from business owner of concepts.
- Prepares finished product by coordinating/leading final typesetting, printing, and similar equipment, and vendors.
- Manage outside vendor relationships as required.
- Ensures proper operation and maintenance of required equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Primary lead for production artists and graphics team.
- Professional graphic design and layout skills.
- Experience with desktop publishing tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics design or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in graphics design.
Graphic Designer with Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City (Posted May 12)
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Marketing Coordinator in their roles as Account Managers to process new work requests and to produce concepts, designs and layouts that fulfill the specs of each project’s creative brief.
- Meet with internal clients to further clarify requested project’s needs and to present concepts.
- Create materials, often multi-tasking, using a wide range of media, and meeting the constraints of cost, timing and client; collaborate with the Lead Graphic Designer to ensure brand accuracy and consistency.
- Under the direction of the Web Developer + Digital Strategist, provide graphics and copy for social media advertising campaigns, implement campaigns and monitor results.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or Adobe Creative Cloud software, Windows operating system, Microsoft Office products.
- Marketing experience in fitness, theatre, community centers and related fields a plus.
- Photography and social media management skills and experience are a plus.
- Proven, progressive track record of 2-3+ years of graphic design experience, with an advertising agency, marketing firm or corporate or non-profit marketing firm.
Graphic Designer with The Roasterie (Posted May 8)
- Design a variety of marketing projects, including but not limited to advertising, web/digital graphics, social media, sales brochures, product packaging, promotional items, signage, POS materials, etc.
- Work with all departments to meet design and print needs and create compelling creative content.
- Contribute to the creative development of marketing campaigns and materials.
- Bid projects, assist in selecting, and work with commercial printers to ensure projects are printed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist with organizing and tracking creative projects for the marketing department.
- Manage and maintain graphic files including photos, logos and art; distribute as requested.
- Maintain and grow knowledge of design and industry trends, bringing new sources of creative inspiration to the team.
- Maintain clarity of message on all design.
- Create designs, concepts and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts approved by the Director of Marketing.
- Strive for thoughtful new technology uses, user experiences and interactivity.
- Manage assignments from concept through to completion.
- Must have portfolio of previous design work for review.
- Refined typography skills and understanding of typography, color, layout and art direction.
- Must have proficient Adobe Creative Suite experience, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of digital image quality and output.
- Ability to own multiple phases of a project with minimal oversight while managing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in copywriting for advertising collateral is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Visual Art.
- 0-3 years of experience in graphic design field.
Graphic Designer with AutoAlert, LLC (Posted May 3)
- Participate in creative ideation for marketing and branding campaigns as requested by Creative Director.
- Provide designs upon request for print and digital.
- Support various internal teams with graphics for lead generation, both print and digital.
- Support and adhere to brand guidelines for both print and digital.
- Maintain project files in an organized and accessible manner.
- Skilled and experienced with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Provide access to a diverse and comprehensive digital and print design portfolio.
- Presentation design experience [Prezi experience a plus].
- Video production and editing experience a plus.
- WordPress design experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Possess expert understanding of design with 2-5 years experience in creative ideation for campaigns and designing for both print and digital.
Graphic Designer with Farm Journal (Posted May 1)
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy.
- Prepares final layout.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers including internal stakeholders like the FJM magazines.
- Develop graphics and visual or audio images for product illustrations, logos, and websites.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them.
- Proficiency with Adobe graphic design program required. Website CMS platforms, social media and Microsoft suite a plus.
- Agriculture or magazine background or experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree – in graphic design or related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a graphic design position.
Graphic Production Artist with Dimensional Innovations (Posted May 1)
- Ensure the accuracy of and be responsible for updating/modifying design files as they are transferred between multiple departments and project phases.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to manage time and multiple priorities effectively while working in a highly collaborative custom manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential as this role interacts with many departments across the company.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Duxbury Braille and ADA signage will be an advantage.
- Flexibility to manage changing deadlines and multiple projects.
Web Designer with Park University (Posted April 27)
- Collect, report and implement analytics from identified systems for SEO purposes.
- Plan, create develop, maintain, enhance and assist in the management of all digital media assets including technologies as requested and assigned.
- Maintain current and working knowledge of digital media including but not limited to Web and mobile design trends, information delivery/communications, SEO, UX, social media and visual communications.
- Manage input and prepare and distribute reports within the Measuring for Results online data tracking system.
- Assist with producing and publishing various multimedia projects.
- Engage in content strategy and auditing.
- Collaborate and communicate with the University constituency.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and recommend solutions.
- Assist training appointed personnel and updating instructional materials as needed.
- Experience with CMS platforms preferably Cascade CMS.
- Experience designing and developing UX and UI including site maps, wire frames, features and functions, and information architecture for desktop and mobile.
- Able to implement, collect, understand, organize and report analytics making recommendations as necessary.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision while adhering to task dates.
- Working knowledge of digital media including social media and interactive communications.
- Visual communication design skills, vector and raster graphic manipulation and Adobe Creative Suite.
- WordPress experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Managing for Results web based project data management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in new media, web design, graphic design, communications or related discipline.
- 2 years experience in Web analytics/ marketing/ SEO.
- 2 years experience in postsecondary education preferred.
Web Designer with RIDE Marketing (Posted April 27)
- Create designs for client websites that are optimized for all devices and screen sizes and demonstrate a strong focus on lead conversion.
- Work with internal team to ensure all client website requirements are met through the website design.
- Work with the website development team to ensure all design requirements are met when building out the website.
- Design a variety of digital marketing collateral including but not limited to website banners, social media banners/graphics and display banners while maintaining brand standards and guidelines for each client.
- Assist with creating and maintaining the RIDE brand, designing marketing content and website creative as needed.
- Portfolio showcasing variety of client work and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong eye for detail and consistency across all brands.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal team as well as external clients.
- Independent work ethic demonstrating efficiency, organization and flexibility with the ability to work well within a marketing team.
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator) and MS Office required.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred.
- Degree in graphic design, digital design or related field.
- 2-3 years work experience in web design or related field required.
Graphic Artist with KCTV5 (Posted April 16)
- Produces daily newscast graphics.
- Creates graphics for in-house commercial production, station promotion, non-news related shows and other projects.
- Maintains and enhances the graphic look of KCTV5.
- Experience with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Cinema 4D required.
- Vizrt experience is a plus but is not required.
- Must be comfortable working with producers, editors and other designers in a fast paced television environment.
- Ability to perform quality work in high-pressure deadline situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree in graphic designing or visual communication preferred.
- 3 years experience in a broadcast television advertising or promotions.
Graphic Designer with Cleveland University-Kansas City (Posted April 16)
- Designs, versions and executes marketing materials promoting the University’s brand strategy to student stimulate inquiry generation.
- Delivers regularly refreshed and appropriate content for both traditional and digital formats to drive search results and positively impact inquiry flow.
- Brings new ideas for design and content creation and uses analytics to help drive design direction.
- Ensures brand and message consistency across communication mediums and devices.
- Strengthens the brand positioning by fulfilling requests for versioned collateral designed to reach both the current student population and student prospects.
- Ensures compliance with current University brand standards.
- Reviews proofs of marketing signage, catalogs, mailers, and other material for content and accuracy.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of communication and marketing strategies to attract and retain students.
- Coordinates the preparation of printed materials and advertising campaigns.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- 2 years’ experience in traditional and digital collateral.
Part-Time Graphic Designer with OnPoint Specialty Products (Posted April 9)
- Planning, designing, and executing an assortment of design solutions for manufacture.
Interpreting and manipulating existing art for a variety of products.
- Preparing art files for production.
- Completing design tasks efficiently with strict deadlines.
- Working simultaneously on 5+ projects based on current client workload.
- Consulting with clients and our in-house sales team to create cohesive designs that reflect our clients’ cultures and goals.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and Quark.
- Adaptive design eye and skill.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients.
- A working knowledge of how to prepare files for various types of print.
- Experience with building and adjusting product design templates for print.
- A comprehensive understanding of CMYK vs. RGB color space and color builds for print.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Graphic Design, Marketing or related discipline.