If you have any Kansas City area web/graphic designer job listings you would like to post on this blog, send an email to email@example.com. On average, we try to keep postings up at least 45-60 days. Listings are checked once or twice a week to make sure they are still valid. In addition, new jobs are added every day or every other day.
Graphic Designer with Spotlight Magazine (Posted March 24)
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts
- Develop clean, professional, and compelling advertising for customers.
- Work directly with supervisor and account executive on design layout and theme.
- Prepare rough drafts and updated proofs until design is fully approved.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in design and production of print advertising materials.
- Experience working with a variety of image types and resolutions.
- Impressive digital portfolio of prior project.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Technical/internet proficiency.
- Big plus if you have experience in web design, digital marketing, email marketing, social media management, and/or photography.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 1 year of graphic design experience.
Graphic Design Assistant with Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas (Posted March 24)
- Prepare art files for print.
- Participate in requests and negotiations with outside vendors.
- Conceptualize, design and present design projects.
- Join in marketing team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Develop materials for social media.
- Provide website design support.
- Assist with basic photography and videography.
- Well-versed in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Able to stay organized and maintain a high standard of design quality.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment with constructive feedback from team members.
- Strong attention to detail for communication, graphic design, presentation and final proofs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design. A combination of education and appropriate experience will be considered.
Graphic Designer with Cerner Corporation (Posted March 24)
- Developing and integrating creative concept through all forms of communication, including advertising campaigns, marketing collateral, direct response, online, video, presentations and large events.
- Applying broad knowledge of design, production/pre-press workflow, digital asset management and quality control, to handle assigned accounts with minimal supervision.
- Partnering with a cross functional teams including user experience experts, copywriters, marketing partners and other creatives to find innovative solutions to creative challenges.
- Creating brand guidelines that help ensure consistency across the application of the Cerner brand across topics like iconography, web applications, photography and general brand guidelines.
- Managing a project from start to finish, including project elements that fall outside of a strict graphic design, such as supplier management, print production requirements, internal stakeholder agreement and communications.
- Proficiency in effectively consulting with internal and external stakeholders, particularly at a senior leadership level.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite 6.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of design experience.
Graphic / Visual Designer with SpiderOak (Posted March 13)
- Delivering completed designs on deadline, as well as any related corresponding design guides and/or assets needed.
- Delivering needed marketing assets and sales collateral on a regular basis for the web and offline use at trade shows, etc.
- Working closely with the engineering, product, marketing, sales and interaction design staff on all aspects of visual design and branding.
- Develop a comprehensive brand and design guide for the company.
- Taking the initiative on all design aspects that can be improved in every SpiderOak product.
- Must be highly motivated, capable of self-direction, good at project management, and able to work collaboratively on a team. H
- Must exhibit a keen sense of responsibility and enjoy working with all kinds of people on all kinds of projects.
Senior Graphic Designer with Populous Group, LLC (Posted March 7)
- Create impactful graphics for a broad spectrum of client brands including MLB, NFL, NHL, MLS, collegiate, corporate, and hospitality brands, both national and international.
- Through close collaboration with clients, discover opportunities to amplify the character of a place, conveying the brand’s identity in imaginative and compelling ways.
- Create a cohesive visual style for each project that will guide the graphic development of individual elements forward.
- Conceptualize and design both 2D environmental graphics and dimensional exhibits.
- Environmental graphics, sponsorship master planning, and a diverse range of experiential projects for large scale public assembly and hospitality or entertainment venues.
- Advanced typography, color theory and composition skills, experience art directing photos hoots, and ability to provide direction to junior and intermediate designers.
- Desire to work on a fun, collaborative, energetic team, with amazing projects and a dynamic company culture.
- Strong communication and client presentation abilities.
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat), and MS Office required.
- Proficiency in CadTools, and Sketchup (or Max) a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Or Equivalent) in graphic design preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Graphic Design.
Senior Designer with VML agency (Posted March 7)
- Create in a variety of media – websites, social media, online advertising, mobile apps and more.
- Responsible for taking the lead and driving projects from an execution standpoint, and must have solid design and software knowledge.
- Solid concepting and design chops plus interactive know-how.
- Visual communication skills that will knock our socks off, including graphic design and typography.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and process.
- Intermediate software skills in Flash, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
Graphic Designer with Kansas City Symphony (Posted March 6)
The Kansas City Symphony is searching for a dynamic graphic designer. We create all of our materials in-house, which means you’ll be the creative force behind digital and print ads, direct mail, concert programs, invitations, signage and so much more. Be able to handle multiple projects with ease and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Creative Director with MMGY Global agency (Posted March 6)
- Lead, inspire, and mentor creative team based in Kansas City office.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities of Kansas City creative work.
- Lead and facilitate conceptual thinking through final execution of work.
- Direct creative across all mediums through broad understanding of work and integration (print, digital media, web, TV, online video, social media, public relations).
- Pitch new business and lead spec work for selected prospective clients.
- Oversee, evaluate, and recruit for Creative staff.
- Share and facilitate insight sharing with teams in and outside of Creative.
- Provide feedback and annual reviews to Creative team in Kansas City.
- Solid portfolio of conceptual work as well as good presentation and mentoring skills.
- Travel experience is a plus.
- 10+ years agency experience creating integrated campaigns.
Part-Time Creative Coordinator with Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce (Posted March 6)
- Work with partner organizations to ensure brand standards are utilized.
- Design Chamber publications, including the quarterly business magazine Catalyst, Membership and Health Care directories, Visitors Guide, Community Profile, Street Map and other publications as assigned.
- Create ideas for growing special publications.
- Design brochures, programs and other communication pieces needed for various tourism initiatives, events, etc.
- Design ads for Chamber member advertisers.
- Assist with Chamber photography/videography needs for publications and events.
- Maintain a Lee’s Summit photo library.
- Manage Lee’s Summit Tourism communications i.e. website and social media accounts.
- Assist with projects, community marketing and events as assigned by President and Director of Communications.
- Work in conjunction with Director of Communications to oversee marketing strategy.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud/Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience managing social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and e-mail management software.
- Ability to work efficiently and manage multiple projects to meet frequent deadlines.
- Prefer degree in marketing, journalism, graphic design or communications.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related industry.
Graphic Designer with Financial Engines (Posted February 23)
- Collaborating with design and content to extend brand assets.
- Partnering with Institutional Services and Sales to tell our corporate and product story.
- Establishing design direction for key initiatives.
- Developing concepts for projects across different channels (online, print, presentation, video).
- Facilitating discussion with partners to write a Creative Brief and translating that to compelling solutions.
- Presenting concepts to all levels and ability to represent brand point of view.
- Building templates for presentations and other self-serve marketing tools.
- Solid design aesthetic with a strong understanding of brand.
- Strong eye for typography and layout/composition.
- Good color sensibility.
- Complete knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
- Experience with Office Suite (specifically PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Portfolio demonstrating production and brand extension skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 10+ years experience in a creative team environment.
Graphic Designer with Mano’s Wines (Posted February 21)
Mano’s is seeking a self-motivated, and innovative graphic designer to add to our marketing & design team. This individual will have specialized knowledge in digital, print and experience with video web site maintenance.
What will you do?
- Design: Digital marketing materials, web graphics & custom wine bottle designs. Packaging design skills are a plus.
- Website Maintenance: Help keep our current websites up to date with new images and products.
- Digital Ads: Assist in making unique graphics customized for digital ads & social media.
- Video: Video creation as part of marketing materials and social media.
- Wine: Create new and unique designs for MLB™, 20+ Collegiate teams, and custom lifestyle bottles.
What are we looking for?
- Proven exceptional design skills and production value
- Strong working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop
- Video & Photography skills are a plus
- Lightroom and Aftereffects is a plus
- Able to follow brand guidelines
- Creative mind that is able to work in a fast-paced environment meeting deadlines and expectations for quality and creativity
- College degree preferred,
- 1+ years graphic design experience with digital, web and print.
What will you get?
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k with employer match included
- Food & Drinks: Team building lunches and wine tasting are apart of the Mano’s fun
- Games: Ping-Pong & basketball, ride scooters through our new 70K sq.ft building in the Crossroads Arts District.
- Work out facilities coming soon!
- Social: we routinely have social events, both in and out of the office – check out our Instagram for past Mano’s Events.
A resume is required. Accepted file types are PDF, JPG, or JPEG. In addition, you may include a link to your online portfolio as a supplement to the images you upload. Please include link to your portfolio if available, otherwise it will requested via email.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Production Designer with Garmin (Posted February 12)
- Create graphics and make HTML updates for web product pages.
- Create and enter images into content management systems (CMS).
- Resize images for 3rd party and Garmin digital properties.
- Assist international offices with localizing digital images.
- Plan, design and create new web banners.
- Design, layout and implement email blasts for market segments.
- Layout web pages in Photoshop as mockups for business.
- Make HTML and CSS maintenance updates to Garmin sites.
- Develop, design, edit and produce other new digital marketing material as needed.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.).
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Proven ability to work with design standards and brand guidelines.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university; Bachelors degree from an accredited 4 year college or university is preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years work experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description.
Graphic Artist / Designer with QTS (Posted February 6)
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts.
- Develop clean, professional, and compelling advertising for customers.
- Owns the design process from conception to final product.
- Updates existing publications, print materials and web / online properties.
- Handles graphic production such as templates for employee newsletters and marketing materials and other publications.
- Designs new publications and print materials.
- Analyzes and suggests ways to improve the design of current publications and materials.
- Accurately maintain digital design files for storage and retrieval.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in graphic design or related field.
- 1 or more years of professional experience in the Graphic Design or related field is required.
- 3 or more years of professional experience in the Graphic Design or related field is preferred.
- 1 or more years of experience with both professional print houses and online design and layout is a plus.