If you have any Kansas City area web/graphic designer job listings you would like to post on this blog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. On average, we try to keep postings up at least 45-60 days. Listings are checked once or twice a week to make sure they are still valid. In addition, new jobs are added every day or every other day.
Junior Graphic Designer with Unbound non-profit (Posted December 11)
- Design of internal communications and presentations, including pieces sent to overseas offices.
- Design of retention marketing pieces.
- Maintaining staff, volunteer and international field photos.
- Creating designs for publications, ads, direct mail, social media, assisting creative team with production design.
- Upholding brand standards across all media and platforms.
- Must be proficient in a Macintosh environment and Adobe Creative Suite CC (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school.
- 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Creative Designer with Rx Savings Solutions (Posted December 11)
- Working with marketing team, develops and refines creative concepts and imagery to support various marketing initiatives.
- Designs and produces deliverables to support corporate initiatives, including but not limited to: product literature, web banners, emails, trade show graphics, graphics/illustrations, videos, advertisements, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ensures overall marketing and brand consistency across business units and throughout all media; works within established brand identity guidelines.
- Supports various multimedia needs including video filming, editing, and photography.
- Support social media needs of marketing team.
- Work with vendors to manage quality, cost and delivery times.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite, Mac platform preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be a self-starter.
- Final candidates will be required to submit design portfolio for review.
- Experience working with a UX design team a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years related experience in a design role.
Graphic Designer with Burns & McDonnell (Posted December 11)
- Develop and implement creative concepts across multiple campaign deliverables in both print and digital.
- Conducts research to inform design concepts.
- Transforms complex ideas and processes into graphic representations.
- Contributes to creative brainstorm sessions.
- Develops final files for production and implementation.
- Meets with clients to understand project objectives.
- Builds strong client relationships through interaction and collaboration.
- Develops concept presentations for client review.
- Is proficient and utilizes emerging technology for project development.
- Stays up to date on industry trends and technology.
- Follow established quality control process.
- Follow brand guidelines for brand consistency.
Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
Knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Ability to provide creative solutions to various project types.
Understands and applies color theory and color relationships.
Demonstrates understanding of good layout principles.
Strong conceptualization skills across print, digital and video.
Proven track record working with complex teams and/or organizations and the ability to work effectively with virtual teams.
Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Exceptional visual proofing and error-checking skills.
- Must have a 4-year degree in fine arts/graphic design or visual communication.
- 3-5 years of related experience; and a portfolio supporting that background.
Graphic Designer with CivicPlus (Posted December 11)
- Communicate directly with clients in a variety of meetings scheduled throughout the website production process.
- Present concepts and guide clients towards functional solutions.
- Coordinate internal creative teams to successfully deliver design and production services in a timely manner.
- Continually review projects for quality control, advising the creative teams and providing guidance to clients.
- Design website concepts and complete revisions and production work as needed.
- Build and maintain client relationships through the production process.
- The ability to track and coordinate many projects at once.
- Needs to be a highly organized, thoughtful, self-managed individual.
- Needs to have a clear understanding of design principles and be able to apply them to each project.
- Must be able to build and maintain client relationships while mitigating conflict.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field.
- Multiple years of experience interfacing directly with clients.
Creative Director with Grantham University (Posted December 4)
The Creative Director is responsible for the University’s brand management and creative messaging strategy.
- Ensure a consistent, branded University image throughout all marketing materials and initiatives.
- Develop positioning recommendations, guide market research analysis and define brand elements, voice and tone.
- Track latest trends in design, advertising & marketing to enhance University brand.
- Lead the creative marketing process and provide creative direction to staff.
- Develop creative briefs, guidelines, and strategies for marketing and advertising campaigns including working with in-house staff and external partners.
- Lead creative projects and oversee their completion.
- Lead, develop and further enhance the University brand strategy and articulation of same.
- Ensure quality of solutions in terms of brand alignment, creative quality and strategic relevance.
- Work closely with other departments and University operations to educate and communicate brand strategy, standards and articulation of differentiation in the higher education marketplace.
- Help conduct quantitative and qualitative studies and implement suggestions to enhance marketing initiatives.
- Manage the production and development of marketing and promotional collateral, direct mail and e-mail marketing campaigns, advertising and interactive media campaigns – candidate must possess a strength in digital marketing / advertising.
- Recruit, train, manage and retain creative staff, including goal setting, evaluating performance, providing actionable feedback, developing plans for improvement, and encouraging and fostering a team atmosphere.
- Manage approved external vendors and agencies to meet established goals maintain relationships.
- Manage and coordinate special events.
- Manage and track departmental expenditures against established budget.
- Ability to think “outside the box” and a drive for excellence to pursue brand recognition and awareness in an increasingly competitive environment.
- Ability to invent new ideas for branding, advertising campaigns and marketing messages.
- Excellent working knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is required.
- Analytical abilities are essential.
- Knowledge of graphic communications technologies in prepress, printing and direct mail production preferred.
- Vendor management experience, including experience negotiating for best price, timely delivery and top quality work.
- Prior use of Salesforce / Marketing Cloud a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, advertising, communications, graphic or fine arts or related field is required.
- 7-10 years of increasingly responsible creative marketing or brand management experience, preferably in education or for a consumer product or service with multiple markets/locations, and preferably for a high-consideration product or service.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with graphic design, and brand management required.
Graphic Designer with TVH Parts (Posted December 4)
- Create marketing collateral to promote products, services, industry and build brand presence.
- Designs digital and print assets for lead generation programs, social media campaigns, proposals, presentations, media buys and recruiting efforts.
- Work with marketing team to develop and meet project timelines.
- Must be knowledgeable and have demonstrated skills using a MAC computer.
- Thorough understanding of desktop publishing programs such as Adobe In-Design and Photoshop.
- Web and HTML design experience is a plus.
- Video and motion graphics production experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills needed.
- Video and motion graphics production experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university or a minimum of 2 years graphics design experience and/or training.
- Must have at least 2 years of college with emphasis on graphic arts.
Graphic Designer with Procharger (Posted December 4)
- Produce and create high impact digital advertising solutions.
- Produce and create high impact print solutions, including catalogs, flyers and print ads.
- Support social media needs of marketing, sales and service teams.
- Assist with design and production of video projects/assets.
- Create email templates, assist with reporting on and improving email campaign.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure consistency of brand identity.
- Ensure graphic solutions are optimized for integration, performance, usability, and sustainability.
- Work closely with the sales and service department to ensure meeting their needs, as well as needs of end users and dealers.
- Work with vendors to manage quality, cost and delivery times.
- Automotive, motorsports and/or forced induction knowledge is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization best practices is a plus.
- Experience with Drupal is helpful.
- Experience working on mobile projects with understanding of mobile design elements, considerations and limitations for Android/iOS.
- Must be experienced producing print-ready documents for digital and offset lithography printing.
- Have working knowledge of industry standards for digital file/document production.
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign for digital layout production.
- Must have experience working with and creating documents in PDF format.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine arts, marketing, or related field and least 3 years of experience as a graphic designer.
- 3+ years of experience designing print and other media solutions.
Graphic Designer with JE Dunn Construction (Posted December 4)
- Responsible for designing and producing marketing materials [print and digital] that have a high visual impact for proposals, presentations, direct mail campaigns, advertising, corporate identity, trade shows, and other marketing requirements to further the organizations public relations, marketing, communications, and business development objectives.
- Possess strong conceptual skills with a high-level sense of design/layout.
- Ability to effectively manage, design and produce multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities from conception to completion, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure.
- An understanding of and experience in Corporate Branding and standards.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) as well as basic knowledge in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Adobe Flash, Prezi, and Interactive PDF’s is a plus.
- Willing to learn new applications as needed.
- Experience working with vendors and printers with good working knowledge of current print and production processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- 1-4 years of graphic design experience in an in-house department, design studio, advertising agency, or freelance.
Web Designer with Garmin (Posted November 19)
- Design, develop, and maintain various online initiatives, including community and activity-based websites, corporate websites and other online marketing materials for Garmin.com and its related websites.
- Work with Marketing Communications, IT, Marketing, and Engineering staff to plan, develop, to meet critical project deadlines and complete requested projects.
- Various responsibilities related to the support of large commercial websites.
- Work with internal associates to complete in-house projects.
- Must possess a demonstrated understanding of current coding practices, including CSS-based design and semantic XHTML relevant to Garmin’s business needs.
- Associates Degree in Visual Communication, Advertising Design or a field relevant to the essential functions of this job description.
- Minimum of 1 year web design experience relevant to Garmin’s business needs.
Content Design Specialist with Penton (Posted November 14)
- Executes page layout for designated titles, including ad placement, cover creation and other design work.
- Executes creative assignments relating to page layout, including recreation or adjustment of tables, charts and photography to fit print requirements.
- Works with corresponding editorial staff, production groups and external vendors to ensure content quality assurance and corrects errors in collaboration with team.
- Work with the production team and third-party contacts in software application development and enhancements, ad development (Web-based) and electronic editorial forms.
- Design and assist on other art materials as needed (media kits, HTML blasts, direct mail, animated ads, etc.).
- Leverages images from Getty/Thinkstock library.
- Defines and maintains digital and print content design standards.
- Applies optimization and community best practices to all content in collaboration with team.
- Creates and modifies artwork and traffics artwork to designated digital platforms.
- Ability to complete projects while handling various production deadlines and logistics.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop.
- Exhibited experience and proficiency with digital content and management tools and user behavior metrics reporting and analysis tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts in graphic, visual means.
- Proofreading and typing skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Word processing or typesetting skills are desirable.
- Familiarity with the printing process is helpful.
- Knowledge of the Internet and comfort navigating the Web.
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver and HTML preferred.
- Degree in Graphic Design or be an art school graduate; May substitute based on equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant digital and print content design experience.
Graphic Designer with Ascend Learning, LLC (Posted November 1)
- Design marketing campaigns, tradeshow materials, and all digital channel assets across multiple channels in both B2B and B2C.
- Work with VP Marketing to evolve the creative strategy of NHA.
- Design support, as needed, for other Business unit team functions (Advocacy, Analytics, Operations, Product, Sales) in coordination with Marketing Managers.
- Track and monitor the use of brand standards across Ascend for the NHA brand.
- Design marketing assets that engage prospects, support customers and drive results for the business.
- Keeping a high standard for brand use in mind, evaluate and speak to creative produced by outside resources.
- Coordinate the inventory and organization of all collateral pieces.
- Assist in making sure all new pieces are updated on the website including new page creation.
- Manage all creative brand assets across digital platforms and online.
- Design online and print advertisements in conjunction with outside agency.
- Work with printers to manage release to final file collection post production.
- Organize, update and share all collateral within SharePoint tool in conjunction with other Managers.
- Build and maintain an asset library – videos, photography and brand assets.
- Excellent skills and abilities in both Adobe Creative Suite as well as Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Experience with design inside marketing automation tools (such as HubSpot) preferred.
- Intermediate web design, development or intermediate HTML coding experience, a plus.
- B.A., B.F.A. or B.S. in Graphic Design.
- 3-5 years of brand, creative, corporate, or ad agency specific experience.
- 1-2 years of agency design experience is preferred.